At Cambria Pines Lodge, we have a passion for gardening and all things green. We also recognize and take very seriously our responsibility to conserve water during the current extreme drought conditions.
Our love for the spectacular beauty of California’s Central Coast is the inspiration for the environmental programs we continually expand and update. Here are some of the things we do to make the Lodge as “green” as possible:
Water Conservation –
- Our shower heads dispense 1.5 gallons of water per minute.
- We use 1-gallon or 1.28-gallon toilets.
- In the Main Lodge building, we have installed 1-pint-per-flush urinals.
- Back flow from our swimming pool is hooked up to a tank where it is dechlorinated and then used for irrigation.
- We have a large water tank which is stocked with non-potable water to irrigate our beautiful gardens with drip emitters.
- Our two outdoor ice machines produce run-off which is collected and used for irrigation.
- Restaurants use a lot of water to remove food particles from dishes before washing. We have installed an air compressor which allows us to blow much of the food off restaurant plates, thus saving thousands of gallons of water per month.
- We allow our Main Lawn to go naturally brown in the dry season in order to conserve thousands of gallons of water each year. Of course, the lawns in our theme gardens (including the Gazebo Garden used for weddings and special events) are kept beautifully green all year round.
- All of our bedding and towels are washed on-site with equipment that uses Ozone technology to save significant amounts of water while minimizing the use of electricity and gas.
Toiletries – Most of our rooms include wall-mounted dispensers for shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner, significantly reducing the number of amenity packages which enter the landfill each year.
Linen Reuse Program – Our rooms contain cards that offer guests the option of reusing sheets and towels. Unless requested to do otherwise, we change sheets every second day when a guest stays more than one night.
Recycling – We encourage guests and staff to recycle glass, paper, and plastic by providing dedicated recycling containers in guest rooms, offices, and in our garbage pick-up area. We also use a commercial trash compactor to minimize landfill waste.
Restaurant – Cambria Pines Lodge Restaurant uses a locavore philosophy when sourcing ingredients. We buy wild and local seafood, local produce, and locally raised meats whenever possible. Our take-out containers are paper or recyclable plastic. We do not use Styrofoam.
Organic Garden - The organic kitchen garden at Cambria Pines Lodge provides our restaurant with fresh, healthy lettuces, herbs, and some seasonal produce.
Office Electricity – Our staff is advised to turn off computers, monitors, printers, copiers, and scanners overnight and when not in use. Most of our office equipment features an energy-saving mode.
EV Charging Stations - Cambria Pines Lodge is committed to providing infrastructure for our guests who drive electric vehicles. We have installed two Tesla Connector charging stations and one ClipperCreek EV station for your convenience.
Construction – The Winter Construction staff follows environmentally sound construction practices whenever possible.