Pet PolicyOur pet rules ensure that you and your pet-and our other guests-are happy and safe.
- Prior Approval Required. Prior approval is required because we feature a limited number of pet rooms at Cambria Pines Lodge.
- Fees. A non-refundable pet fee of $25 per reservation per night for up to two pets will be applied to your account. A third pet may be added for an additional $25 per night. This fee covers necessary deep cleaning of the room upon departure and applies even to small crated pets. If you bring a pet into a non-pet-designated room, we will charge $50 per night.
- Acceptable Pets. We welcome all well-mannered dogs and cats. No other types of pets are allowed. Service animals accompanying people with disabilities are always welcome at Cambria Pines Lodge. Service animals must be declared at the Front Desk, and are not required to pay the nightly pet charge. [Note: "Service" dogs do not require written documentation at check in and are not restricted from any areas in the hotel; "ESA" (or Emotional Support Animals) must have written documentation from a medical professional in order for the fee to be waived; and "Therapy" Animals must pay the nightly fee. Neither ESA nor Therapy animals are allowed in certain public spaces (i.e., food and beverage outlets) and do not have the same legal rights under the ADA act.] Two pets per room are permitted for the basic fee (see above). Dogs weighing 50 pounds and over may be allowed at our discretion and you must obtain approval at the time you make your reservation.
- Pets may not be left unattended in guest rooms, and they are not allowed on the furniture.
- We reserve the right to require immediate removal of any pet that displays dangerous and unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to biting, excessive noise (such as barking), evidence of disease, or urination/defecation in public areas.
- Declaration at Check-in. When registering at the Front Desk, you must declare your pet and sign an abridged copy of this policy as acknowledgement and agreement to all terms and conditions herein. Service animals must be registered at the Front Desk but are not required to pay the nightly pet charge.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum. Barking dogs can disturb other guests. If you ignore the rules and leave your pet alone in a room, we reserve the option of charging to your credit or debit card on file the amount of any discount(s) provided to other guests who are disturbed by your pet.
- Pets in Public Areas. Pets must be leashed, caged, or securely held when they are outside the guestrooms, including during their walks on our grounds. The obvious exception to this rule is our on-property dog park, where your furry friend can run free and expend all that excess doggy energy. You must clean up after your pet and dispose of pet waste in the garbage receptacles provided. Pet waste bags are available at the Front Desk. Pets are not allowed on furniture in guestrooms or common areas. Pets are not allowed in the pool or hot tub.
- Housekeeping. For the safety and comfort of your pet and our staff, our housekeepers will NOT service your room when your pet is inside.
- Injuries to Others/Damage to Guest Rooms and Common Areas. You will be solely responsible for any and all injury inflicted by your pet on other guests, pets, or hotel staff, as well as any damages your pet causes to the guestrooms or common areas of the hotel. Your account will be charged for repair or replacement cost for any property damage caused by your pet. You agree to release, defend, and indemnify Cambria Pines Lodge from any and all claims and/or damages related to your pet or pets' stay at the hotel, included any third-party claims. You expressly waive and relinquish the benefits of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides: "a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him/her must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor".
- Vaccinations and Health. All pets must be in good health and up to date on all shots. Cambria Pines Lodge reserves the right to request pet medical documentation at our discretion.
In addition to the policies outlined above, we also suggest that you
- Wash your dog and apply flea medication prior to arrival.
- Ensure that your dog wears a name tag and a current rabies vaccination tag.
Dining With Your Furry FriendCalifornia law allows pet dogs at outdoor dining venues. This means that your pet dog can join you in our outdoor dining area during meals. California law stipulates that:
- Pet dogs enter and exit the outdoor dining patio without going through the indoor dining area (i.e., enter the patio directly from the Gardens or Lobby).
- Food and water for the dog be in single-use containers.
- Dog is leashed or confined and controlled by the owner.
- Employees are not allowed to touch the dog. If an employee does touch the dog, that person must wash his or her hands immediately thereafter.
- Please note that we have specific dog-friendly tables, so the wait may be longer than normal if you are dining with your dog. You may also opt to order room service if you wish to eat with your furry friend. Please see our In-Room Guest Directory for times, menu, and pricing.
Local Pet Friendly DiningOur Front Desk can provide a list of Cambria's pet friendly restaurants and a printed locator map.
Pet Friendly TrailsJust ask our Front Desk for a list of local pet friendly trails along with a locator map.
Pet SittingThe following local pet sitters may be available if you wish to make advance arrangements:
- Pet Pals-805-927-7101
- Jill's Dog Sitting-805-927-8003
- Claudia West-805-927-0744
- Purrfect Patient Pet Care-Sharon Joy-805-909-7250